My name is Sarah. I began this new venture while living on Peachtree Street with two lovely roommates. I make things compulsively, I am full of crazy ideas, and I have a passion for beautiful things.
This is my blog.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Something of My Mother's I am Actually Jealous Of

Can I just say, I love Polish Pottery? My grandmother buys it for my mother and all the other wives on that side of the family every Christmas... I need to figure out how to get on that rotation. My favorite pieces are the coffee mugs my mom has, particularly the one above. She sets it aside for me when she makes coffee in the morning. They are the perfect weight and size, they fit to the curve of your hand, they are hand-painted in a whimsical pattern--I'm telling you, it just doesn't get any better.

Unfortunately, they also cost about $15 each. Imagine my surprise, then, when I stumbled across some real Polish Pottery for about $5 while browsing through the shelves at my local Ross store! (For those of you not familiar with Southern discount store chains, Ross is similar to a T J Max or a Marshalls) It's not quite as pretty as my mother's pattern, so I'm waiting for a more opportune time. Every time I go, I look at it! It's always there!
Here it is, with its guarantee of authenticity.

No comments:

Post a Comment