My name is Sarah. I began this new venture while living on Peachtree Street with two lovely roommates. I make things compulsively, I am full of crazy ideas, and I have a passion for beautiful things.
This is my blog.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Christmas in January


Today, January 24, my friends and I had Christmas. We like to do creative things for Christmas gifts--last year we drew names and only bought one big present for one person, and this year we got something small for each person.

They were all so delightful and thoughtful! When we got home I took pictures of all our new loot... incidentally, the coffee table is new, too. We got it for free from a family at church, and I painted it. Oh, how I love a good can of paint. This is the same stuff I used on my free dresser. Read about it in this post!
Person number one bought us gorgeous earrings. These are the fun posts I scored! (I know one of the gold flowers has a pearl missing--I glued a new one in that night.)
Person two, being myself, made flower barrettes for everyone. I picked out a special fabric for each girl--gotta love fat quarters at Walmart! These can be clipped onto a coat, a purse, in your hair, or used as a bookmark for easy access to the current week in your planner.
Check out these AMAZING homemade candles, poured into teacups! I've always, always wanted to do this. And friend number three beat me to it. Wow!
OK, can you say "classy"? We drank sparkling white grape juice out of these personalized champaign glasses at dinner! Way to go, friend number four!
Friend five made us a homemade almond honey body scrub. Yum! I hope I don't eat it while scrubbing my hands and feet!
Last but not least, friend six made us each a little treasure box with the best of all treasures inside--gourmet chocolates!

Yay for Christmas in January! Can we do this every year?

No comments:

Post a Comment