My name is Sarah. I began this new venture while living on Peachtree Street with two lovely roommates. I make things compulsively, I am full of crazy ideas, and I have a passion for beautiful things.
This is my blog.

Monday, January 4, 2010

A Future Project






Here is a fabulous old desk I recently bought at Goodwill for $15! I am a writer, as in, I am getting my Bachelors of Fine Arts in Creative Writing, so a desk like this is definitely something I will use. Unfortunately I can't take it back to school with me, so here it shall sit at my parent's house until I have a real place to live.

But then. Oh, then. I have great plans for this desk.

It's a roll-top, which I love, but which makes it difficult to paint or re-finish. I'm afraid if I painted it, I would dry the slats shut. Here is a tutorial I found today from the blog Classic Campbell, whom I've never read, but I like the look of this project! She mod podges strips of wrapping paper onto the slats of a breadbox. The end result is incredible, but I doubt even I have the patience to do that with a whole desk.

Who am I kidding. I would do something crazy like that.

I've also thought about distressing it, sanding the finish down, especially around the edges... I like that weathered, I-found-it-on-the-side-of-the-road-by-the-sea-in-New-England look.

Then, I would mod podge wallpaper or fabric inside on the back wall, and inside the letter boxes, and on the front of the drawers. Maybe a pretty green pattern.

The hardware on this baby is also rather old and dingy--needs a pick-me-up!

I'm thinking these pulls and knobs from Anthropologie. I think pink would be lovely paired with a green paper/fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment